Fair Warning

This blog discusses religion, specifically wicca.

June 13, 2011

Dedication

My self-dedication was set for the night of my birthday.  Then a family member set their wedding for the day before my birthday; no big deal, except they live out of state, so it brought up a situation.  My husband wanted to go very badly, it's his family and he wanted to see them; I felt I was in a situation where neither of us could win without the other one being a jerk.  If we went to the wedding, that would be my husband saying "It's my family and what I want to do, that's more important that your deeply personal ritual that you have been planning for almost a year."  If we stayed it would be like me saying, "No, what I planned is more important than your cousins wedding and what you want."  So it was a very difficult decision to make because neither of us wanted to be the bad guy.

So, the deal we struck was, both, I will be back home befor dark on my birthday.  Yeah, obvious answer was, if neither of us can be happy with one choice then we just have to find a way to do both. 

Which leads me to one of the reasons there are so many posts today and no posts for the past few weeks.  There was just so much going on getting ready for both things.  

So after a record time run out of state and back in a day and a half; today is my birthday and I am dedicated officially onto the wiccan path.  I want to give a special thanks to all my friends who have supported me, and an extra special thanks to my hubby who was nice enough to clear out of our house and invade Nina's kitchen to make me brithday brownies while I did my dedication.  

No comments:

Post a Comment