Fair Warning

This blog discusses religion, specifically wicca.

April 16, 2011

Clothing Idea

I enjoy sewing, so I am making my own ritual clothing, which can be time consuming.  It occurred to me that if I didn't already wear scrubs for work, scrubs would make very good ritual garb.   They are easy to find in natural fibers, come in all kinds of styles and colors, stain resistant, and comfortable.  Well, like I said I can sew and I wear scrubs at work, so this option doesn't work for me.  But I thought maybe it would be good to put it up as a suggestion. 

I know a lot of wiccans don't like store bought clothes, or clothing that is mass manufactured.  I believe that street clothes can be worn (especially if that's all you are able to afford, or aren't able to make your own).  Plus it's easy enough to add things to any clothing you buy, sewing in symbols or adding on charms.  Anything I use, I try to add a personal touch of some kind. 

I know for a lot of wiccans this in useless information, since many work skyclad.  But if you are doing anything outside you may find yourself needing some cover.  And if you are like me, I already have two subconscious things that are going to take place if I am naked, I concentrate better in a specific outfit or type of clothing that lets me know on a subconscious level that I am in ritual.  That's just the way I practice, I'm not ashamed of myself (a little self conscious  maybe but since I work solitary that doesn't really factor into it) and if working in the nude is what works for you then more power to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment